"Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first."

-Ernestine Ulmer-


Sunday, September 11, 2011

cupcakes for the masses!

 For a friend's daughter. Vanilla cupcakes topped with vanilla bean Swiss meringue butter cream, all topped with fondant circles saying Happy Birthday and alternating with her favorite band's logo. No, I have no idea who All Time Low is. For my first fondant toppers, I think these turned out pretty kick ass.
 For Ricky's office manager, Anne, on her birthday. Chocolate cupcakes with plain vanilla buttercream. I used this delicious Irish butter in this buttercream. I usually use plain ol' Land o' Lakes, but this buttercream was so basic that I wanted something really decadent in there. The only downside to using such delicious butter is that it is very yellow. It changed the color of my frosting, but it was nothing that a few drops of white coloring couldn't fix. Experiment with your butters! I used Kerrygold, but try other things too. European styles butters, imported butters, locally produced butters, even just shake it up a bit with a good quality organic butter. Trust me, you'll taste the difference.
All packed up and ready to go, with my cute little card on top. ♥
I made these the other day in my quest to find the best vanilla cupcake recipe. I'm a stickler for texture. I also wanted to take a picture of cupcakes on my new octopus serving plate. Funny, I've wanted a tattoo of an octopus holding a cupcake for the longest time, and that's exactly what this ended up looking like. 
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment